This is another great BBC production starring Sir David Attenborough. I am recommending Life in Cold Blood
because Sir David Attenborough was here in Singapore in 2006 to film part of a story on crab-eating water snake. Check it out in Sophisticated Serpents Chapter in Life in Cold Blood!
Some snake species feature in Sophisticated Serpents which can be found in Singapore include:
- Paradise Tree Snake: A glimpse of it gliding in mid-air.
- Dog-faced Water Snake: Jumping across mudflat (See how it jump!)
- Common Blind Snake (Flower Pot Snake): Feeding on ant larvae.
- Gerard's Water Snake: Snake vs Crab! Amazing footage of how a snake can possibly eat a crab!
- King Cobra: Males fighting for courtship; baby King Cobra emerging from eggs.
Catch it now at Sophisticated Serpents!
Planet Earth is the one of the best BBC production on nature series I have seen. It consists of 11 part series beautifully narrated by Sir David Attenborough, covering different geographical regions and wildlife habitats.
For those who wants to witness how the Malayan Colugo glides, there's a story in the "Jungle" episode that feature the Malayan Colugo gliding from tree to tree in search for young leaves to feed on.
Support Wildlife Singapore
If you find this website helpful, you can help support this site by using the above links to buy books/DVD from Amazon. I get a small referral fee for each purchase made that comes from the site, so it’s a great way to show your appreciation and keep this site up and running. Thank you.